About Me

My photo
I'm on a journey of self discovery and health. I use my GoWearFit by BodyMedia to track the calories I've burned in a day. This is my blog about my weightloss progress and lifestyle changes. I'm in the process of applying to a masters in Physicians Assistant. I'm an avid traveler and am always trying to plan a journey to somewhere new. Despite being overweight, I love to work out. The problem is that I love to eat too ;)

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

#19- 530am Boot Camp



So orientation was last Saturday. The trainer shared some great tips that I'm trying to use this week. But something really bothered me. We were getting measured, including body fat and the woman doing it asked everyone whether or not they exercised 5 days a week. What the fuck! Just because I'm the heaviest in the group does not mean you should assume my activity level. I made sure to set her straight though... Fat people prejudice... sigh.

Waking up at 4am has been rough, but worth it. Yesterday's workout was tough. It tons of cardio and step ups --- which I hate. Along with running and sprints in between tons of squats, which I'm still feeling the pain from. Total of 22 minutes of vigorous activity so yay. This morning was less intensive. It was chest day. And only 13 minutes of vigorous activity.

The women of the boot camp (since it's women's only camp) are so awesome. They are all shocked that I'm here on vacation and waking up early for a boot camp. I wish I could sign up for the full month but my aunt and brother are right, I should depend on myself and save all that money doing it alone. I have been doing well so far on my own. Well only recently.

Yesterday my diet was iffy. Due to the increased metabolism, I was hungrier than usual... and I didn't always make the best choices. Today has been much better. Tonight's dinner should be another half protein shake and a big salad. 

1 comment:

  1. Just started following your blog and look forward to reading more! Just wanted to let you know that I nominated you for a Liebster Award. To learn more including how to participate, check out my blog post here: http://alitheincrementalist.blogspot.com/2012/07/my-first-blog-award.html

    Hope you'll decide to participate! :-)

    ReplyDelete