About Me

My photo
I'm on a journey of self discovery and health. I use my GoWearFit by BodyMedia to track the calories I've burned in a day. This is my blog about my weightloss progress and lifestyle changes. I'm in the process of applying to a masters in Physicians Assistant. I'm an avid traveler and am always trying to plan a journey to somewhere new. Despite being overweight, I love to work out. The problem is that I love to eat too ;)

Thursday, August 2, 2012

#20- I thought this was vacation

I'm so stressed out at the moment.
For a billion and one things but all mostly due to my own procrastination and laziness.
Spent the past week freaking out over my grandpa's health, spent 2 nights in the hospital and now that he's home -constantly monitoring his blood pressure and trying to fix his medication schedule.
Need to retake GRE- can't believe I couldn't read my own scores properly, UGH
Fucking missed 2 of the deadlines for apps- could I be stupider- I mean how does someone just forget it was yesterday? So there is only one school I can apply to till next application cycle... AWESOME...
Sleep schedule is all messed up because I've been studying till night, then come home and long debates about what to do with grandpas health and medications. Then having to wake up in the middle of the night to check the blood pressure and such.
My little cousin had the week off from camp so its been like full time babysitting with him when I wasn't at the hospital earlier in the week.
Haven't worked out since Sunday!! Diet also suffered due to my stress.
I've been at much higher level of getting shit done this week, but i'm fucking exhausted. Though it is all my fault.
Add along personal drama and I'm capped off. Blah.

Just need to keep chugging along, being as productive as possible, til I'm at a point where I have less on my plate. Thankfully I've been extremely productive for most of the past 2 weeks, I've gotten more studying done in these two weeks than months at home before I took last GRE (which explains my situation).
Now I've got no idea how to deal with some of this other stuff. Sigh.

I think I need a solid workout tomorrow to release some endorphins and get diet in a better place so I can at least feel control over something.

----
Mile marker 203
The gas gauge leaning on the edge of E
I'll be danged if the rain ain't pouring down
Something smoking underneath the hood
It's a-banging and a-clanging and it can't be good
It's another 50 miles to the nearest town
Everything I own is in the back in a Hefty bag
I'm outta cigarettes and I'm down to my last drag

I'd sure hate to break down here
Nothing up ahead or in the rear-view mirror
Out in the middle of nowhere, knowing
I'm in trouble if these wheels stop rolling
God help me keep me moving somehow
Don't let me start wishing I was with him now
I've made it this far without crying a single tear
I'd sure hate to break down here

2 comments:

  1. We've all been there but you seem to thrive with a little pressure. Keep up the pace and you'll keep doing great things! I'm feeling 99th percentile on all GRE sections. Get it done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww love that's real tough. I hope you catch a break soon! *hugs* Once you come through all of this, you'll be a stronger person for it! My positive thoughts and best wishes with you and your family!

    ReplyDelete