So today I decided to try swimming after what has possibly been about 10 years since the last time I did laps:
1) I had no idea this pool was outdoors, so... no sun screen- a big no no for me even if I don't burn.
2) I didn't have goggles so I was swimming all over the lane- wasting a lot of unnecessary energy.
3) No swim cap so my bangs kept escaping and making it harder to see.
4) Extremely deteriorated lung capacity.
Despite all this I pushed on. Even though it was noon time in an outdoor pool. My lungs were working overtime and I was flailing all over the pool (in my self-conscious opinion) but I stayed and kept on going. It was an incredible workout. Been so long since I had a full body cardio workout like that (since all I can do here is go jogging which focuses mainly on the lower body). I put in an hour in the pool and pushed as much as I could.
After that I spent a half hour on the elliptical and another half hour on the treadmill. A) I spent 5 bucks to drop in visit at this fitness center and I wanted to get the most out of my money B) I really just wanted an intense workout today. So I successfully accomplished both.
I may go back but only after I buy a swim cap and goggles.
Other than that I've been good. My applications have been at a standstill, I need to get my shit together. Plan is to wake up and pound out a good jog (hopefully pain from today won't be too bad) and get to work.

1) I had no idea this pool was outdoors, so... no sun screen- a big no no for me even if I don't burn.
2) I didn't have goggles so I was swimming all over the lane- wasting a lot of unnecessary energy.
3) No swim cap so my bangs kept escaping and making it harder to see.
4) Extremely deteriorated lung capacity.
Despite all this I pushed on. Even though it was noon time in an outdoor pool. My lungs were working overtime and I was flailing all over the pool (in my self-conscious opinion) but I stayed and kept on going. It was an incredible workout. Been so long since I had a full body cardio workout like that (since all I can do here is go jogging which focuses mainly on the lower body). I put in an hour in the pool and pushed as much as I could.
After that I spent a half hour on the elliptical and another half hour on the treadmill. A) I spent 5 bucks to drop in visit at this fitness center and I wanted to get the most out of my money B) I really just wanted an intense workout today. So I successfully accomplished both.
I may go back but only after I buy a swim cap and goggles.
Other than that I've been good. My applications have been at a standstill, I need to get my shit together. Plan is to wake up and pound out a good jog (hopefully pain from today won't be too bad) and get to work.



No comments:
Post a Comment