About Me

My photo
I'm on a journey of self discovery and health. I use my GoWearFit by BodyMedia to track the calories I've burned in a day. This is my blog about my weightloss progress and lifestyle changes. I'm in the process of applying to a masters in Physicians Assistant. I'm an avid traveler and am always trying to plan a journey to somewhere new. Despite being overweight, I love to work out. The problem is that I love to eat too ;)

Thursday, June 28, 2012

#8- Vegas


So I got to Vegas yesterday, and it was mishap after mishap. A friends car broke down on the way to meet me here so for a while I was just chillin here by myself, freaking out. Typical me.

Hotel is really nice, stratosphere. We got a room on the 22nd floor, so the view is nice. Sadly not facing the strip but still awesome. Biggest issue is how far it is from the main part of the strip. Love how there was a casino right in Vegas airport btw.

our hotel


So we finally all get together, get ready for the night and decide to hike our asses over to the luxor hotel. Which of course is the furthest hotel from us.... What three girls will do for free entrances and drinks (til 12). So in the process of hiking there we decided to say fuck it and get a day pass for the bus. But the bus was moving slower than us. So we got of 2 minutes later and continued on our journey.

We got to see the gorgeous water show at the bellagio. Played my all time favorites song fly me to the moon. Funny story about that song, forever ago I decided I wanted that as my wedding song. Then I had the dj to my sweet 16 play it while I danced with this guy friend too it (who I was in love with back then, no idea why looking back on it). Round about way to say still love this song though.

me with the fountain


We FINALLY make it to the club, feet aching, dehydrated even with our huge bottle of water and exhausted. Get to the door (we had our names on the list) and I fucking forget my ID at the hotel. So fuck. Had to take a taxi back alone to get it, it was my stupid mistake I didn't want my friends to suffer.

Thankfully I got an awesome cabby who we used twice again after he dropped me off. 40 bucks and a shoe change later, I get to the lax. The club. It was fun, not bad. But I was assuming there would be more flashyness to it...

Ride home with cabby we stopped off for tacos and came home and passed out.

Tonight we are going to dinner at the Tao and the night club. Once again on the VIP list.

Due to car issues I still need to sort out how to see the grand canyon... Anyways in nap time here in our hotel room. The girls made it pitch black in here, hangover much? I better take advantage of that nap too. Though I hope we get a chance to pool it up before heading out.

In great news, I played a dollar in the penny slots and won $15.35. Yay!!! Will bet more later. It's just not as fun alone. I'll wait till the ladies recover.


2 comments:

  1. Vegas baby! That sounds like a pretty awesome trip. You shoulda just bought an ID on the strip...haven't you ever seen national lampoons vagas vacation?! I'm glad you all survived in the end and now have good stories to tell of the time inbetween. I bet the pictures are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh snap! That's a lot of walking! The fountain looks awesome! :D Yay on the money win :D Penny slots are awesome! Haha

    ReplyDelete