So yesterday I flew from NY to San Francisco. The first plane ride was to Chicago, mostly uneventful. My dad is a travel agent so the only huge ordeal I had was the middle seat in the first time ever! My dad always gets me the window seat but for some reason it was swapped. The good news was that I got to sit in between to tiny little women.
Plane rides really make me sad. I mean I love traveling but because of my weight right now I hate that my thighs barely fit between the arm rest. First of all, I'm one of those women who gain the bulk of my weight in my thighs. Which over the years has been helpful because my weight gain has been less obvious to others, yet the plane ride was one of those moments when I was like "FUCK, how did I let this happen??"
Second plane ride, Chicago to San Francisco, the plane was super old and the electricity shut down right after we all sat down. I was pretty concerned about if we'd make it. My reading light kept spontaneously turning on and off too. Super frustrating because I was actually reading a book and getting disturbed each time I had to switch to my personal kindle reading light.
I know chicago airport pretty well but for some reason I got lost in San Fran airport because the airline flew into a different terminal than usual. Anyways it worked out, found my way home and the car full of my grandparents and littlest cousin.

The other cousin had to be in bed and wasn't allowed to go to the airport because he had summer camp that morning. He was so upset he cried the whole time. But he woke up in the middle of the night so excited to see me. Ugh I love these brats.
Today I just relaxed and hung out. Tomorrow morning is my flight to vegas!!
Plane rides really make me sad. I mean I love traveling but because of my weight right now I hate that my thighs barely fit between the arm rest. First of all, I'm one of those women who gain the bulk of my weight in my thighs. Which over the years has been helpful because my weight gain has been less obvious to others, yet the plane ride was one of those moments when I was like "FUCK, how did I let this happen??"
Second plane ride, Chicago to San Francisco, the plane was super old and the electricity shut down right after we all sat down. I was pretty concerned about if we'd make it. My reading light kept spontaneously turning on and off too. Super frustrating because I was actually reading a book and getting disturbed each time I had to switch to my personal kindle reading light.
I know chicago airport pretty well but for some reason I got lost in San Fran airport because the airline flew into a different terminal than usual. Anyways it worked out, found my way home and the car full of my grandparents and littlest cousin.
The other cousin had to be in bed and wasn't allowed to go to the airport because he had summer camp that morning. He was so upset he cried the whole time. But he woke up in the middle of the night so excited to see me. Ugh I love these brats.
Today I just relaxed and hung out. Tomorrow morning is my flight to vegas!!


I hate those tangible, physical reminders that make you feel even worse. It's so frustrating when it seems out of control, or like a slap in the face. *sigh* I totally get ya!
ReplyDeleteYay for being in SF despite the flight glitches. It's always something. The kiddies are cute!