This week I lost 2.6 pounds. I'm weary to celebrate it, due to the true culprit behind the weight loss.
Spent Saturday- Monday sick. Right as I was writing my last post, I noticed myself sweating and shivering at the same time. Checked temp, and yup a fever. So no gym for most of the week.
I also didn't eat for almost 48 hours. Around midweek, I was only at a .6 pound loss. Clearly it was the sick-induced fasting. So I'm assuming next week will be a gain. :(
Met with a personal nutritionist (via my doctors recommendation) this morning. An hour session, but I was greatly disappointed. I asked her if what I was learning was true and healthy. She seemed to only know textbook guidelines. No use to me. Textbook was created by the USDA who are filled with those affiliated with animals farming. USDA just changed the suggested daily milk intake to 3 glasses a day... ugh I can't even get into how annoying the politics of it all is. I know I still need to expand on my current most personal beliefs on what is right and wrong about eating meat. Soon!
Ok back to this Registered Dietitian (RD)- so I've always assumed I knew what was good and healthy for the most part. The past month, I have been realizing I was wrong. So I go into this consultation appointment where she hands me an ideal day's meal- including margarine, light yogurt and fat free milk. So I ask her how I'm concerned because a lot of what I've read says those three are pretty unhealthy options.
She just shrugged her shoulders and said "well there are a lot of different theories out there, depends what works for you." Huh? I mean... isn't it your job to stay up to date on the research. Not just blindly what a textbook or the government says. I spent a majority of the session explaining what I have learned and what has been working- she seemed to either be biting her tongue and just responding "well I think you can have a healthy diet with animal products." I'm sure she's sweet, and really good at what she does. But she's just not for me. I need someone who understands the ins and outs of converting to vegetarian diet. How to maintain a mostly vegan lifestyle in a healthy way. How to make sure most of the foods I eat are minimally processed and organic. She was unable to educate me in things that I need to learn for my new lifestyle. Thanks, I know all about the damn pyramid. But I just don't believe in it anymore. I need someone who is fluent and comfortable in the material out there about vegan lifestyle and steering me to safe reading material.
So she said the other dietitian in the office is a vegan. Maybe I should schedule an appointment with her? Thankfully my insurance covers it fully and as often as I want.
Spent Saturday- Monday sick. Right as I was writing my last post, I noticed myself sweating and shivering at the same time. Checked temp, and yup a fever. So no gym for most of the week.
I also didn't eat for almost 48 hours. Around midweek, I was only at a .6 pound loss. Clearly it was the sick-induced fasting. So I'm assuming next week will be a gain. :(
Met with a personal nutritionist (via my doctors recommendation) this morning. An hour session, but I was greatly disappointed. I asked her if what I was learning was true and healthy. She seemed to only know textbook guidelines. No use to me. Textbook was created by the USDA who are filled with those affiliated with animals farming. USDA just changed the suggested daily milk intake to 3 glasses a day... ugh I can't even get into how annoying the politics of it all is. I know I still need to expand on my current most personal beliefs on what is right and wrong about eating meat. Soon!
Ok back to this Registered Dietitian (RD)- so I've always assumed I knew what was good and healthy for the most part. The past month, I have been realizing I was wrong. So I go into this consultation appointment where she hands me an ideal day's meal- including margarine, light yogurt and fat free milk. So I ask her how I'm concerned because a lot of what I've read says those three are pretty unhealthy options.
She just shrugged her shoulders and said "well there are a lot of different theories out there, depends what works for you." Huh? I mean... isn't it your job to stay up to date on the research. Not just blindly what a textbook or the government says. I spent a majority of the session explaining what I have learned and what has been working- she seemed to either be biting her tongue and just responding "well I think you can have a healthy diet with animal products." I'm sure she's sweet, and really good at what she does. But she's just not for me. I need someone who understands the ins and outs of converting to vegetarian diet. How to maintain a mostly vegan lifestyle in a healthy way. How to make sure most of the foods I eat are minimally processed and organic. She was unable to educate me in things that I need to learn for my new lifestyle. Thanks, I know all about the damn pyramid. But I just don't believe in it anymore. I need someone who is fluent and comfortable in the material out there about vegan lifestyle and steering me to safe reading material.
So she said the other dietitian in the office is a vegan. Maybe I should schedule an appointment with her? Thankfully my insurance covers it fully and as often as I want.




No comments:
Post a Comment