About Me

My photo
I'm on a journey of self discovery and health. I use my GoWearFit by BodyMedia to track the calories I've burned in a day. This is my blog about my weightloss progress and lifestyle changes. I'm in the process of applying to a masters in Physicians Assistant. I'm an avid traveler and am always trying to plan a journey to somewhere new. Despite being overweight, I love to work out. The problem is that I love to eat too ;)

Friday, January 4, 2013

#29- 2013 Resolutions



  1.  Become conscientious of what I eat, what's in it and where it comes from.
  2.  Three months as a Vegetarian. This is currently my most important resolution. I have been doing a lot of research and reading into why I need to give up meat and the arguments are just overwhelming. I was a vegetarian in high school for 6 months and felt so healthy. In November, I did a 2 week trial to see if I really felt a difference without meat. Boy... did I .
    January 7th- April 1st are my official days as a vegetarian. I would like to continue for longer if possible but my goal is at least 3 months.
  3. [Two months as a Vegan
    I'm toying around with the likelihood of this. I should probably restrain from putting this on the list but I don't care. I would really like to try to do this sometime this year.]
  4. Specific Weight goals
      - Get to 199 by March 23 (A wedding of a high school friend) 193 at wedding
     - 170 by August 12th
    - 160 by October 18 (birthday)
    - 150 by end of year
    These may seem super specific... but it allows for some short term goals so I know if I'm on track for my yearly weight loss goal.
  5. Fitness Challenges to Complete - 5K -10K 
  6. Create a Bucket list
  7. Begin Volunteer Work
  8. Learn to use the sewing machine
  9. Read 10 Non-Fiction books
    In Progress: Success Principles by Jack Canfield, Skinny Bitch, Eat Animals by Jonathon Safran Foer
  10. Study hard in all classes I take this year
  11. Decide on a career pathway and start making strides towards it
    I'm currently debating among several game plans
  12. Surround myself with positive people who are accomplishing things with their life. Learn as much as I can from them.
  13. Do 5 things this year that you never thought possible.
    1. Start my own business 2. 
  14. Restart my savings account
  15. Log meals as often as possible (ideally at least 5 days a week)
  16. Wear the GoWearFit armband til goals are met!

2 comments:

  1. Damn girl! That's a lot of goals for 2013. I like your enthusiasm. I lumped all mine as a generic get healhier, because knowing myself, it's just self-destructive to set specific weight targets. Good for you for having the strength to set up these resolutions.

    If my back improves at all, I want to get back to P90X too. That was good in at least maintaining myself when I did it a couple years back.

    Keep it up and keep updating! Text me whenever you need/want some encouragement or scolding ;) hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. It helps for me to have a very specific plan or I struggle and just complain at the end of the year about how I failed. But I consider them short term goals- I understand the likelihood of making my yearly goal by my ability of making my shorter goals.

    Maybe try something less intense in between. Good luck to you and your back!

    ReplyDelete