I managed to accomplish zero resolutions from last year. But the year still deserves a summary.
I may not have fulfilled my weight loss goals of the year, but I did lose 15 pounds.
I pushed outside of my comfort zone to do things I never expected myself to do. Such as climb a mountain, travel completely alone to the grand canyon, try online dating, driving around in a different state (I'm usually such a baby about driving anywhere I've never been), took a road trip alone!, stopped relying on men for emotional support, finally got the nerve to ask my doctor about ADHD testing, got confirmed for having it!, a full year without any anxiety medication (what positive changes happen when you cut out the person that caused you the anxiety... go figure), I lost FIFTEEN pounds (even if it took a year and a lot of ups and downs), and have a job a love (for now).
I may not know where my future lies but this is the first time I've let myself relax and not worry about it for a tiny bit of time. This year has been an emotional journey. I'm in a much better place than I've been since early college... or at least working in that direction. I'm hoping for a 2013 that includes a physical and educational accomplishments :-)
I may not have fulfilled my weight loss goals of the year, but I did lose 15 pounds.
I pushed outside of my comfort zone to do things I never expected myself to do. Such as climb a mountain, travel completely alone to the grand canyon, try online dating, driving around in a different state (I'm usually such a baby about driving anywhere I've never been), took a road trip alone!, stopped relying on men for emotional support, finally got the nerve to ask my doctor about ADHD testing, got confirmed for having it!, a full year without any anxiety medication (what positive changes happen when you cut out the person that caused you the anxiety... go figure), I lost FIFTEEN pounds (even if it took a year and a lot of ups and downs), and have a job a love (for now).
I may not know where my future lies but this is the first time I've let myself relax and not worry about it for a tiny bit of time. This year has been an emotional journey. I'm in a much better place than I've been since early college... or at least working in that direction. I'm hoping for a 2013 that includes a physical and educational accomplishments :-)


I reminded myself that the resolution list was just a guideline. Even though we didn't check off everything, we accomplished a lot and that's what counts at the end of the day!
ReplyDeleteGood for you for having made so many positive strides! I'm just a text away when you need a push or encouraging word through 2013 :)