About Me

My photo
I'm on a journey of self discovery and health. I use my GoWearFit by BodyMedia to track the calories I've burned in a day. This is my blog about my weightloss progress and lifestyle changes. I'm in the process of applying to a masters in Physicians Assistant. I'm an avid traveler and am always trying to plan a journey to somewhere new. Despite being overweight, I love to work out. The problem is that I love to eat too ;)

Sunday, February 24, 2013

#39- In "ONE-derland"!! (biggest loser reference)


Lost another 2.4 pounds this week! But more importantly I'm officially out of the 200s!!!!!! In ONEderland!! It's surreal to finally get out of the 200s that I was stuck hovering around for the past 3 years!!

I promised myself that once I'm under 200 it's time to use real weight, not just the difference. I'm officially 198.6 now. No idea how last feb I ballooned up and 229 ( ok I know how) but I made a change and even though I spent all of 2012 struggling to figure out a diet plan that worked, by the start of 2013 I worked out the kinks. Hey, everyone has a different learning curve! So what if I took a year... Lol.

Lost a total of 31ish pounds since my highest
Total of 14isjh pounds in the past 7 weeks
And can cross off my first weightloss resolution early!! (A month ahead of time)

This vegetarian mostly organic/vegan lifestyle is just working very well for me. Plus I've tracked over 45 days straight on my fitness pal. That app is amazing!!
------

School. So what came of all that ridiculous stress and mental breakdowns?
The highest grade in class!!! Hooray!!!
Things are going well with it. Next few weeks will be rough in preparation for a lab practicum. Need to memorize the bones and certain muscles (like most) in the next two weeks. Need to stay on top of the work so it doesn't avalanche over me again.

-------

My lack of social support issue...

So I made a few solutions to minimize the isolated feelings.
Spend an evening or two studying with friends. Allows for visual reminders of my social support while being highly productive- just what I need. And plan a fun activity ahead of time for each Saturday. I literally have about a 4 hour hang out with friends window each week. Since I'm usually burnt out from 6 hours of classes sat morning and a crazy week of work- Saturday night is the perfect occasion to cash in those fun hours.

To clarify- I have some amazing best friends! They are all just amidst their masters/ phd programs. And/ or involved in a relationship. So even though I could call them to help me through my sadness, they are super busy and know I would be straining their already limited time. Especially since I decided to only keep female friends for this title of friendship, it's been interesting.

But things are overall going well so I'm chugging along. The test score and weight loss are definitely helping my mood!

-----
Gym- still a big fat fail.
----

Currently my new philosophy in life, practicing to just walk away until circumstances change. But I'm not going to concern myself with whether or not things will ever change.

No comments:

Post a Comment