About Me

My photo
I'm on a journey of self discovery and health. I use my GoWearFit by BodyMedia to track the calories I've burned in a day. This is my blog about my weightloss progress and lifestyle changes. I'm in the process of applying to a masters in Physicians Assistant. I'm an avid traveler and am always trying to plan a journey to somewhere new. Despite being overweight, I love to work out. The problem is that I love to eat too ;)

Monday, February 11, 2013

#37- Stress of School

This week I lost 0.8 pounds. I saw a 2 pound loss when I stepped on the scale on Saturday but then proceeded to make some not-so-nice choices this weekend. Snow makes me feel like I can cheat on my diet. Plus my parents keep bringing garbage into this house! Urgh! Regardless I'm still happy its a loss.

Last week I didn't have time to go to the gym. I've been overwhelmed with the studying. I've even been sneaking my notes and reading my textbooks when the kids are napping. I validate it by doing twice the work when they are awake so I can productively use that time for studying. I'm also studying during my lunch hour! And after I get home from work! EEP!


That and cleaning up my room have been my big projects last week! Thankfully the room is in great shape- just have some final touches and redecorating to do.

On Saturday there was a blizzard (not really- we only got about 6") so class got canceled. I emailed him on Friday requesting if he could let me know if our test would still be next Saturday or pushed back to the following week ASAP because I work full time and can only get most of my studying done on weekends. He updated the website Monday afternoon saying we would have a test on Saturday-- the ass! AND on top of that, he placed 3 timed quizzes on the website to be completed by Friday. Are you fucking kidding me?! I have no problem doing the work- but tell me what is needed during class so I can get it done on the weekend. Don't put 4x the work on Monday with no heads up. I plan my studying out accordingly and now I'm looking forward to a full week with 4/5 hours of sleep, no lunch breaks and risking my job by studying while working.

On the bright side- my productivity is astonishing me. I've gotten notes, flashcards and flow charts created for various chapters. Loving this new adderall dosage! Learning everything with such clarity I can't believe it. Is this what normal feels like? Why did I wait so long to get diagnosed? Lol.

Okay, time to get back to work. I just needed a few minutes to vent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment