So I'm so close to a 15 pound total loss! Soooo close!
[Since the scales have been very misleading, I've decided to only count the Weight Watchers weigh ins. I hate spending the little money I have from my part time job, but WW is the only thing that really works for me]
My professor and undergraduate adviser just emailed me back about my recommendation request. He was one of those guys who was always tough on me. Something that I have looked back on and valued. Even though most people found him incredibly difficult, I have benefited under his advisement over these years (even after I've graduated). I digress. So when I asked him to evaluate me, he asked me the hardest question. What really happened when I went to med school? I was so nervous about telling him. I literally told him in great detail exactly what happened. So I figured (based on how he usually responds to past failures) he would say "are you sure you can handle being a physician assistant?" To my complete and utter shock he responds back saying he sincerely hopes I get in and that I would be a terrific PA. These are words he does not throw around lightly! In the 6 years I've been going to him for advice! When I wanted to graduate early- he's like, don't even bother, you can't. When I was applying to med schools he's like- I would look into foreign countries, USA isn't going to happen. Even though I was crushed with all that, he was always right! So... I'm looking at it as an great omen. For him to have such great faith in me. Even after I told him the whole truth about my failings at med school... Honestly, I have been starting to doubt myself. And I just needed to hear something like that. From a man who does not give compliments out of courtesy, but only when extremely deserved. After reading the short 3 sentence email I nearly cried. Now I just hope I can tell him how I succeeded.
Now I just hope to finish my damn personal statement so I can submit my application...
[Since the scales have been very misleading, I've decided to only count the Weight Watchers weigh ins. I hate spending the little money I have from my part time job, but WW is the only thing that really works for me]
My professor and undergraduate adviser just emailed me back about my recommendation request. He was one of those guys who was always tough on me. Something that I have looked back on and valued. Even though most people found him incredibly difficult, I have benefited under his advisement over these years (even after I've graduated). I digress. So when I asked him to evaluate me, he asked me the hardest question. What really happened when I went to med school? I was so nervous about telling him. I literally told him in great detail exactly what happened. So I figured (based on how he usually responds to past failures) he would say "are you sure you can handle being a physician assistant?" To my complete and utter shock he responds back saying he sincerely hopes I get in and that I would be a terrific PA. These are words he does not throw around lightly! In the 6 years I've been going to him for advice! When I wanted to graduate early- he's like, don't even bother, you can't. When I was applying to med schools he's like- I would look into foreign countries, USA isn't going to happen. Even though I was crushed with all that, he was always right! So... I'm looking at it as an great omen. For him to have such great faith in me. Even after I told him the whole truth about my failings at med school... Honestly, I have been starting to doubt myself. And I just needed to hear something like that. From a man who does not give compliments out of courtesy, but only when extremely deserved. After reading the short 3 sentence email I nearly cried. Now I just hope I can tell him how I succeeded.
Now I just hope to finish my damn personal statement so I can submit my application...




Wow! Congratulations all around! :)
ReplyDeleteKeep up the great work!!!
thank you! apps all done. now just have to wait and seeeee....
Delete